My laptop has been slower and slower over the last few

Customer Question
months. Also, while on...
My laptop has been slower and slower over the last few months. Also, while on Facebook I often have the whole screen get lines across it and then it said it had to shut down due to some error and then restarts when I press enter.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/23/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I will be the person helping you today. As you may already know, such slowness can be caused my several different things on the computer. If I may, I would like to offer my services via a Secure Remote Assistance session. During the session, I will fix the problem with your computer while you watch. Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Thank you,
Jason

This is getting to be more complicated than dealing with the computer, I'm afraid. Is this $26 in addition to the $40 that I saw on the first page? The disclaimer was kind of confusing too. Please just advise what the best thing is to fix this and I have no problem taking it in to Best Buy.

If there was a quick way to fix the slowness problem, believe me, I would have given it to you. The problem is that every issue regarding "slowness" is a bit different, which in effect requires a different set of instructions to follow. I am sorry for the confusion. The remote session typically costs more, but being that you are new to the site and not aware of this, I can do it at no cost. Will that be okay with you?

I can't argue with that, thank you for the offer but of course I would want to pay something for the service.

Okay, thank you for that. How about I remote into your system, fix the problem, and then you can pay what you wish. At the end rating's page, you are given the option to leave a tip.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 96 and click the circle button to start the remote application.

I restarted the computer several minute ago, but was not reconnected. You should be all set, but it may be best to restart the remote session. How is that coming along?

Thank you,
***** *****