My Hard disk drive was working ok until I installed Windows…

Customer Question
My Hard disk drive was...
My Hard disk drive was working ok until I installed Windows 10 since then although it is listed under devices I cannot get it to start. I cannot find the installation disk that I had with it and I am at a loss as I have several backups locked in it. The serial number is ***** what can I do to get it working please?
Reg Croxford
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/23/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

There are no drivers needed with it so this will be something else.

What happens when you try to access it?

I go into File explorer and the the item is found under C drive (F) as virtual CD clicking on that brings up a page that only seem to relate to The vitual encryption ptrogramme. I cannot get the item to show as an actual device

ok, Virtual CD is something else, thats a program or service you have installed, not a drive (which is why it has Virtual next to it)

When you click on This PC, what is listed under it for drives? List them here please?

And also what is the make and model of this hard disk?

In This PC I have 3 devices and drives Acer (C:) 593GB free of 683 GB, DVD RW Drive (D:) and CD Drive(F:) virtual CD 0 bytes free of 81.5 MB CDFS also there are files for pictures, downloads, music, videos, documents and desktop.
The device is a Iomega model 31958100, serial no. 6EAM140D1F

Thanks

Can you connect the hard disk to a different USB port on the computer. Is it then detected?

Connecting to another USB on computer now says the last item connected to the computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. The device is not now shown as a device

ok, usually with this message it points to the cable or drive as being at the issue.

If you connect it to another computer now, does it function?

Hi Richard I connected the device to. Another computer running on Windows 7 and it was found. I think I should remove Windows 10 and revert to Windows 7 on my Acer Lap Top. That might solve the problem. I am not happy with Windos 10 anyway!!!!!

how long ago did you upgrade to windows 10?

Less than 6 months ago. It was the free version

ok its too long ago to go back.

Can you connect the hard drive again.

Right click on the windows start button and choose Disk Management

Do you see the disk listed there?

I accepted remote assistance but I could not put my phone number in the required space as I live in Spain And the numbers spaces are different. I see that the money for the remote assistance has been taken from my bank but I did my have the service. Are you going to service my computer remotely? I installed Nova Backup last week but I could not get it to talk to my HDD. I right clicked on the open symbol and the HDD is listed in device manager asa working unit. What should I do now my computer is on shall I connect the HDD drive?
Help please
Reg
I meant I did not have the remote service