Is there any way I can set the controls on my Canon ELPH 160…

Customer Question
Is there any way I...
Is there any way I can set the controls on my Canon ELPH 160 camera so that the photos come out Black & White even though the object I am shooting is in color?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/21/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I do believe you can change the capture settings from COLOR to B&W.

.

However, it has ALWAYS been my experience (and that of professionals), that if a picture is desired to be in Black and White, then use a computer editing software to change the color photo to B&W.

Why?

Because, if you capture the image in Black and WHite...then it will always and forever BE B&W. If ever in the future you decide you want to see or know what that picture looks like in color....you cant.

So if you START with color and then EDIT it down to B&W, you will always have the color picture.

.

But if you just MUST capture in B&W, i can find the instructions for you.