My del computer Crashed and I call del and they said my hard…

Customer Question
My del computer Crashed and...
My del computer Crashed and I call del and they said my hard crashed and i need a new hard drive and they are sending a tec to my house to change my hard drive.
But i will lose everything as i did not back it up. I don't believe my hard drive crashed
but i dont know how i can find out. Do you send a person to house to house to check things out like this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Failing hard drives are not very common at all. As far as your computer goes, are you able to turn it on?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

i can turn it on but it goes to safe and will not boot up any farther

When you boot into safe mode, are you able to access the Internet?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Computer Tech Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

no

If the computer boots up, then the problem is not with a "failed hard drive". If a hard drive crashes, that means that it doesn't work, which would mean the computer wouldn't boot into Windows at all.

Please, follow the instructions below:

- Plug the computer into the modem or router with a network cable because wireless connections will not work for the moment.
- Turn the computer off
- Turn the computer on
- Start pressing the F8 key on the top of the keyboard
- At the Boot menu, choose "Safe Mode with Networking"
- Hit the Enter key three times

When it boots up, are you able to access the Internet?