My 6400, (vista basic) is having issue starting, i can get…

Customer Question
My 6400, (vista basic)...

My 6400, (vista basic) is having issue starting, i can get to the sign in screen and then screen goes blank and the lite for the drive goes off

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I am thinking that my hard drive has failed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Paul, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

Does this issue seem to always happen after you have signed into the machine?

Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi Paul. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. See if you can get to a stable desktop starting the machine this way:

Start or restart the machine and as you see the computer manufacturer's logo on the screen start steadily

tapping the F8 key at the top of your keyboard. You should be brought to a startup menu.

Using your arrow keys select Safe Mode and press enter.

When you get to the password ***** log in and see if the desktop comes up.