My computer is booting to a black screen how can i reset the…

Customer Question
My computer is booting to...
My computer is booting to a black screen how can i reset the screen so that i can see
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/20/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your computer?

Do you see the cursor on the screen?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

It is an asus no modal number that i can see also no curser just a black screen

Please try the instructions below.

If Laptop :

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If Desktop :

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

Let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

That did not work i hear the windows sound and it gives me the asus pic when first turns on it also gives me the windows start up pic then goes blank black screen

Are you using a Laptop? If so, please try that three times and let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Still did not work
it is a laptop

Have you tried removing the battery and Adapter, and pressing and holding the power button (without the battery or Adapter)?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

i have

Do you hear the Windows login sound, without the display?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Do you have an external monitor to check with the Laptop?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I already tried that it blank on both

It seems like a hardware issue. I would suggest you contact a local repair shop in order to get it repaired. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Thank you

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Please go to the link below, download and install the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1742?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downloaded.

Then, do the reset once again and add the printer..

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Please disregard the last response. It was an accident.

Thank you.

S H E F I N