Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I'm creating a 360VR video and I want to transform and flip

Customer Question

I'm creating a 360VR video and I want to transform and flip 90% of the top upside down and drag it to the bottom of the frame, creating a mirrored globe where the tripod or person carrying a 360 rig on a stick is. I can transform a still and do this but am struggling to figure out how to do it for video. I though it would be the same procedure. Please advise. Thank you for your time and help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You have not made clear what means of doing the transform you have, or hope to use - the maker name and the program name (or, names) would help me advise you.

But you might just have to either get better software, better suited for the transform applied to video - or you might have to face, otherwise, the need to reduce the video to frames, and then transform each frame one-by-one. There may be (with your currently installed choice(s) of software, no way to transform video as opposed to one frame at a time.

But tell me more, please. And I will advise you as appropriate, once I know

- what platform (Apple I presume - and what version of MAC OS X?))

- what software or program or programs you are using at present

- and maybe, what format the video file is encoded in, presently.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russell,Apple: Mac Pro 10.11.2
After stitching the 360VR into a 2:1 ratio video, I've imported it to Photoshop CC current.
422 mp4Note the attached image. I have been able to transform a top layer and pull it down to create the mirrored globe effect. Problem is, one I play the timeline, it bounces back to the pre-transformed state. So I transformed and placed the transformed layer again, then Rasterized the layer. This created a still image at the bottom of the window. When I play the clip, the top video plays as expected but the rasterized layer below remains a still. I would like it to play as a part of the clip showing a true reflection of the scene.Thank you,Chad Copeland
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

So Photoshop CC is where you are trying to edit and transform the video.

You would need to try this, though I'm not sure it has what you need in the way of function:

click on the

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/icons/SP_FadeIn_Md_N_D.png

which is called the Transitions icon.

Also, to apply editing technicques across all frames of a video layer, you first convert the video layer into a Smart Object. Then that Smart Object can have filters applied to it.

In more detail:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/new-video-features-photoshop-cs6.html