When I now attempt to logon, the Gateway computer says "User…

Customer Question
When I now attempt to...
When I now attempt to logon, the Gateway computer says "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile can"t be loaded. Then the computer boots me off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try: Turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

did not work; forget it

I'm sorry. Can I provide you another solution? We can continue whenever you are available. We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you have time, can you please try this next solution. Since the old account is corrupted, we can set up a new account, and then transfer your data over. Please try the following steps:

- Turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login.

- Then in Safe Mode, click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Run... (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R), then type:
control userpasswords2
then click OK.
Then click on Add..., then give it a user name you want, then Next, and password, then next, then select the Administrator option, then Finish
, then restart the computer normally, then log in the new account and see if you can use the computer in the new account.

- Once that is done, to transfer your data, i.e., documents, pictures, etc. from the old account to the new account, please do the following steps:
, then in the new account, click on Start, then Computer
, then open the C: drive, then folder Users, then open the old account name folder there
, then open each of these folders:

Documents
Desktop
Pictures
Favorites
Videos

, then copy all the subfolders/ files in each of the above folders, to similar location of the new account name folder.

(Note: Don't delete the old account for now (in the new account, you would go to Start, control panel, user accounts..., manage another account, then select the old account, and delete.) Let's make sure everything works fine in the new account for a week or so first, then you can delete the old account.)

When you are available, please reply back to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

got error message. i told you, forget it, disconnect, bye, go away.

I'm sorry. You've came here and asked for my help, so I was trying to help. I understand that you are frustrated as troubleshooting takes time and it may need trying a few solutions before it can work. But per your request, we are canceling this now. If you still need help with this issue later or with anything else, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.