My Sony 46HX85x TV is connected to my home wireless internet…

Customer Question
My Sony 46HX85x TV is...
My Sony 46HX85x TV is connected to my home wireless internet (checks that it is connected with three bars of signal strength).
It will not, however, connect to internet video content. Each time I attempt to connect by clicking on any of the YouTube, ABC iView or SBS on Demand icons, it fails, either displaying the error message “” and requesting “retry or cancel” or it hangs and I have to exit by “return to TV”.
I have refreshed internet content successfully several times. Sometimes this has been successful and the message “press home to display internet content” appears. At other times the error message, “configuration failed, timed out” appears. After this happens there is no internet content on display. Only after there is internet content on display is it possible to choose one of the icons and to click on it but then it fails every time.
I do not know if the latest TV software is installed as I cannot find any indication of this in the menus. I have, however, attempted to manually update the TV software, but this was very slow and it too failed. Automatic update is set for 3:00 am but I am unsure whether this can occur while the TV is switched off (in standby mode?).
My internet service provider is iinet and I am able to watch internet video (eg YouTube, ABC iView and SBS on Demand) satisfactorily on my desktop computer directly connected to my ADSL line via my D-Link router and also on my iMAC desktop and ASUS notebook via wireless from my D-Link router.
It is extremely disappointing that I cannot watch internet video directly on this TV and that I have to resort to connecting my ASUS notebook by HDMI cable and using it to gain wireless connectivity to the internet video.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/20/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** certified computer/network professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

What is the Dlink/model of your router?

How far from the TV to the router and is there any walls/ obstructions between the router TV?

Thanks, Randy.
I've actually wasted my $56.
Solved the problem myself - my TV software required upgrading.

I am glad to hear that you got it working. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that does not help.

Your answer was of no help! I fixed the problem myself.
My question should have shown you that the router was not at fault so that you did not need to know its model number.
I was not intending to ask for my money ($56) back - writing it off to mistakenly believing that I was dealing with Sony - due to your misleading URL.
But since you are continuing to hassle me, I demand to have my $56 restored to my credit card account.
Not impressed.

I am sorry for any confusion. You can get a full refund with no problem.

Thank you for your response.
You write that I "can get a full refund with no problem." It is already a problem to ask just how I get that refund.
So, how do I obtain the refund?