Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have pinnacle studio 16.... I cannot see any files that I

Customer Question

I have pinnacle studio 16.... I cannot see any files that I import to the programme
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have pinnacle 16. But despite uninstalling etc, i still cant see my files
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have limited experience
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, you mean when you import a film into your storyboard, it is not showing up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I open pinnacle and the library is just blank.... I cannot see any of the movie I imported....so cannot drag it to the timeline
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Try to import a different Video file, does that import?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no....I can see the number of slides importing in the bottom corner, but no video
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, have you restart the computer since this happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done all of that.....here is a screen shot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is another...there is a lot of greyed out bits
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Press the windows key + R and type in

Type in

%appdata%

Then click on Local and then go to Local, Pinnacle and delete the Studio Folder

Restart the computer and tell me if it then functions please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same thing Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

what format files are you trying to import? And if you double click them outside of pinnacle do they play?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can play outside of pinnacle. I have the some programme from the same disc on my laptop and it works fine.... This does not seem to see anything....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

which version of windows is it on this problem computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both pc 8.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Press the windows key + X and click on Command prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me if they show when importing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard ..... This went through the process.... it did the first bit okay and then during the scanning when restarting, it sat on 10% for like more than 2 hours... I simply by passed it... still not working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you cannot bypass it... I need you please to complete the instructions, if it was taking so long then it means it has a lot of issues it is busy correcting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay...so just leave it??... will try gain....how long are youa round for?... I am not at home right now and doing this on another pc... how can I get in touch from home?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, just leave it please, the fact it takes so long means it really is correcting a lot so we need to rule this out. I am on still for a few hours and then back tomorrow.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay....we will see how it goes.... On the laptop we have the prog installed on it works perfectly. I have checked all settings in the control panel and they match
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks