Windows 7, I have box and original disc from Dell, purchased…

Customer Question
Windows 7, I have box...
Windows 7, I have box and original disc from Dell, purchased a number of years ago. I never made a repair disc, I'm getting system error message, computer won't boot, I forgot password, I'm getting interactive logon process initialization has failed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/17/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Follow these steps please.

1. To run the installation disc, insert the Windows installation disc into the DVD drive.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. When the Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD message appears, press any key to continue.

If the disc does not begin to run, press your computer's Power button and watch for the Dell logo to appear. When the logo appears, press the F12 key to load the Boot menu. If this menu does not appear, try restarting your computer again and pressing F12several times when the Dell logo appears. Once the Boot menu opens, select CD/DVD drive (listed also as CD-Rom or CD/DVD/CD-RW) and press Enter.

4. When Windows 7 Setup appears, confirm that the Language, Time, Currency and Keyboard Method fields display the correct settings.
  5. On the Windows 7 Installation dialog box, click Install Now.
  6. Review the license agreement, and click I accept the license terms.
  7. On the Which type of installation do you want? window, click Custom (advanced).
  8. On the Where do you want to install Windows window, select the largest internal disc as the Primary Partition, then click Next. If the Primary Partition shows 0GB free, select Unallocated Space and click Next.
  9. Your computer will restart.
  10. Personalize and customize your Windows 7 operating system by following the instructions on the following screens.
  11. When your Desktop screen appears, you are ready for the next step.

Install Dell drivers.

1. Insert the Dell Resource CD/DVD or go to theDell Drivers and Downloads page and enter your Service Tag.
  2. We recommend that you print the list of drivers below, so you can refer to the correct order as you install. Be sure to follow the order listed, as some devices may not work if drivers are installed in a different order.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

same error message after running dvd, only got as far as pressing enter on dvd. same error message

Okay, try this next.

Power off the computer, then power back on. Then press F8 several times to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.

Note: If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn't open, wait for the Windows login prompt. Then restart the computer and try again.

1. Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer and then press Enter.
  2. On the System Recovery Options menu, select a keyboard layout and click Next.
  3. On the next screen you can log in as a local user or the Administrator.

Note: Use the drop down menu to the right of User name: to select the local user or the Administrator account and enter the password ***** that account. If you have not set up a password ***** the local user account leave the password ***** empty and click OK.

4. Depending on your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools and then Dell Factory Image Restore.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm at startup repair, repairing disk errors. if this works I need to get a repair USB for win 7, I have no dvds. Or what else can I do? I like my computer. (###) ###-####Ken
how much fir screen share and you repair, most of my info is
in cloud

Do you still need help?

Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

.

Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Ken,

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your next active expert...

It would be helpful if you answer these..

1: What's the system model?

2: Do you have Windows 7 installation disc?

3: Since you says you have all backup in cloud, do you mind reinstalling Windows?

Please reply

Thanks

arsufi2002
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist