Why does my computer keep freezing up? It take 5 seconds…

Customer Question
why does my computer keep...
why does my computer keep freezing up? It take 5 seconds for the letter to appear when it does work when you type it. We don't have a lot on the computer. It always reads running a long script and takes forever. We have run and scanned for viruses and it says their are none
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/16/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please follow the steps below to unfreeze/speed up/clean your computer.

1. First Let's end some of the processes, as that can cause the computer to be slow.

Please click Start, then Run. In the run box, please type msconfig and press enter.
Please click on the Startup tab(Make sure it is the Startup Tab)
Please click Disable All
Click Apply, then OK.

You should be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.

2. Next, you want to run Malwarebytes, a free malware/virus scanner. Please click https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download Click Download Now in green on the left. Once you install it, Please Update and then run a Quick Scan and Delete any Malware/Viruses. It should take 25-55 minutes to complete.

3. Once that is complete, please download Ccleaner, as this will clean temp and cache files from your computer.

Click http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Once you run that and delete everything, please let me know if your computer is running faster.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.

Thank you

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today, If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. Only rate if you are satisified, Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

regards,

Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast