I have agateway zx4250g which i need to do factory restore.

Customer Question
i have agateway zx4250g which...
i have agateway zx4250g which i need to do factory restore . it would not boot up to windows 8.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/14/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech replied 2 years ago
Charles A. Roberts

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Can you restart the computer for me and as soon as you see the gateway logo start pushing f10 repeatidly. I believe that should start the factory reset software. If not let me know.

I'm sorry push alt and F10 together at the same time when you see the gateway logo.

it would not do anything
it says reboot

Ok you may need to try again. Shut the computer off then turn it back on and as soon as it turns on push the alt and the F10 key together at the same time. I would suggest doing this a few times it should activate the recovery.

it would not do anything.says reboot and insert boot media

That's not good if it's sayin that it means the hard drive is not responding which is why the recovery partition and windows is not loading. You are going to need to look into having the hard drive replaced and then having gateway send you the recovery media on disk.