Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My google site which I access via Internet Explorer appears

Customer Question

My google site which I access via Internet Explorer appears to me to have recently been infected by an outside source. Now when I select google with mouse all of the following appears in address bar :www.google.com.au/webhp?
sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl. For whatever reason this appears to interfere with pages I try to open under google.I have tried to remedy this situation and although I can delete all above from address bar it returns next time I open google. [Sorry if my terminology is not correct but I am somewhat of novice with computer as you may have guessed]. How can get rid of this problem with google? Raymond ****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Sometimes, Google makes changes to their address. It appears, there is issue with your Internet Explorer program. Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. Close Internet Explorer windows / websites for now.
  2. Click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open Internet Options.
  3. Then click on Delete, and delete only temporarily internet / website files.
  4. Click on the Advanced tab at the top
  5. Then click on Reset, then click on Reset.
  6. Then click on Close
  7. Then open Internet Explorer, and check.

Please reply at the box below.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please download and install the Mozilla Firefox program at the website below:

http://www.firefox.com

; keep all default options during installation, and import when prompted

, then close Internet Explorer

, then open Mozilla Firefox program, then go to the website google.com in Firefox, and see if it works fine in Firefox program.

, and go to any website in Firefox program, and see if it works fine in Firefox program.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If needed, I can connect remotely to your computer, and fix this issue directly on your computer for you. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,