Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have toshiba S55 series with a core i7 2.4ghz, I would

Customer Question

I have toshiba S55 series with a core i7 2.4ghz , I would like to go to a 3 to 3.4 ghz can it be done.
and can I change out the video card.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, like with all laptops, you cannot upgrade the CPU processor and the video card on your Toshiba laptop. Unlike a desktop, a laptop is small, so parts are soldered into the motherboard (systemboard.) Basically, you usually can upgrade only the hard drive and the RAM memory on a laptop.

Do you have any have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

If you still need help with anything, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If I have answered your question, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,