Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I loaded Windows 10 and lost all my Ancestry Family Tree

Customer Question

Hi! I loaded Windows 10 and lost all my Ancestry Family Tree Maker 2012 and 2014. So, I tried to go back to windows 7 and apparently I got windows 7 professional. I had to take it to the geek squad and spend 40 some dollars and now I don't have windows at all. It tells me my copy of windows is not genuine and all kinds of stuff. I tried to go back to regular windows 7, but it will not let me I put in my code TF9V8-TTYFT-PB2B3-W9W4D-R6493 and it tells me that isn't the code for Windows 7 Professional. Please help me out of this mess. Thank you, David
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

You're currently back on Windows 7? Can we upgrade back to Windows 10?

Is the Family Tree Maker program still on your computer or do you have a means of getting in reinstalled?

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.