Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I just upgraded fro windows 8.1 to 10. When I go to email it

Customer Question

I just upgraded fro windows 8.1 to 10. When I go to email it only shows last weeks email and no previously flagged email. How do I find older email and previously flagged email?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Which app were you using on Windows 8.1? May i connect with you remotely to check this for you? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what you mean by which app

Were you using the mail app on windows 8.1? or windows live mail, thunderbird, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the mail app

What is the part after the @ symbol of your email address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just tell me how to fix it, please

Since this is a technical issue, it will need to be troubleshooted, in order to that i need some information from you so i can tell you what to do. What is the part after the @ symbol of your e-mail address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hotmail.com

Okay. Please go here and login to this email address and tell me if you see the older emails on the webmail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the emails are there

Okay. In the mail app, do the following:
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then clickSettings.), Tap or click Accounts, Tap or click the account you want., and adjust the setting for "How far back to go to get messages (from as short as the last three days to any time)." to download older messages.

Did it work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not answer question Try again. This is Windows 10. There is no right screen settings search. Settings are on tool bar Also what account? email account? There is no setting how far back

May i connect with you remotely to do this for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd rather not. Pretty straight forward question. Can you answer the question or not?

I already have, you need to change the sync settings. Do you see account settings?

Do you see a settings wheel in the left pane (bottom)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay -I am at sync settings.

select "Change mailbox sync settings". Where it states "Download email from", change it to "Any time".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not an option under email management, syncs.

What options do you see?

Did you click the settings wheel from the left pane?

Let me re-list the steps:

At the bottom of the left navigation pane, choose Settings . ( a settings wheel)
Choose Accounts, and then choose the account that you want.
Choose Change mailbox sync settings.
Under Download new content, choose an option as appropriate.
Under Download email from, choose any time or another option as appropriate.
Choose Done > Save.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the following are "on"
Sync settings, Theme, Internet Explorer, Passwords, Language preference, Ease of access, Other Windows Settings

You need to be in the Mail app to follow the steps. It appears to me that you went to Windows Settings. Please open Mail App, and then follow the steps below:

Choose Change mailbox sync settings.
Choose Done > Save.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again- there is only options to turn on or off settings, as I have said BEFORE. You just reading of a script sheet????? You have wasted my time as you don't seem to know what you are talking about.
Last try for you to answer my question CORRECTY.
What is your answer on how to fix this problem?

I can direct you to the Microsoft site, with the same steps. https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Resolve-sync-issues-in-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-in-Windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34?ui=en-US&rs=en-IE&ad=IE&fromAR=1

There is nothing else left for me to answer as i already have answered. If you cannot follow these steps, i can remote in and do this for you in less then 2 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answers you gave are not options that can be executed per your instructions, so you have not answered my question and can't seem too.
Good bye

I've just sent you the link, where Microsoft instructs the same for Windows 10 Mail app. If i connect, i'll follow my own steps so you can see that they work.