My Wordperfect x6 has been running just fine on Windows 8.1.

Customer Question
Then I tried to start...
My Wordperfect x6 has been running just fine on Windows 8.1. Then I tried to start it up again this evening. it will not open. I get an Error 35 message. How to fix?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/12/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Since the issue just started recently, theres a very easy step we can take to solve this problem. This wont erase any of your data or files.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard, or tap the "desktop" icon to go to your old fashioned windows desktop.

Then, hold down your windows key and press R ( The windows key is two keys to the left of your space-bar )

Then type in rstrui.exe and hit enter.. On the system restore screen,

Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started.

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.