Three to five times a week when I turn on my computer I

Customer Question
receive these messages."This Webpage is...
Three to five times a week when I turn on my computer I receive these messages."This Webpage is not available" -- "Not connected to the internet" -- "This page can't be displayed". I was told by the my computer person that the Modem is causing the problem. I disconnect the the three wires that go into the Modem, press a small instrument into the the "Reset" I have copied everything from the back of the Modem. It is an ZyXEL, Model #PK50012, SSID-Century Link 2719, Key/Passphrase 498cfd6ab99e27, WPS Pin###-##-#### ***** GUI Address 192168.A/, Admin Username-Admin, Admin Password-y8865Ac8. Serial # ***** MAC address BO:BZ:DC:85:51:DC. Please replace this Modem as this a pain to operate when the three messages at the top are received so frequently.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Thats not necessarily your modem/router....could be your ISP. Are you asking us to replace that router? This is not your ISP or the company that makes your router, it is a technical support site. Your problem may well have zero to do with the router. Let me know if you need help investigating the issue,

As much as I pay Century Link every month and now they want to charge me more to replace a Modem which is obviously the problem. As soon as I disconnect the three wires and hit the reset then it works fine until the next time it totally quits sometimes when I in the middle of sending or receiving an email, not just after the computer is turned on. The Modem belongs to Century Link, the company should be responsible for replacing it and if not I will consider changing my phone service and internet to another company.

I agree they should. There may be a way to do a factory reset on the unit, let me see.

There is a reset process, perhaps we should try that, if its a software thing this should resolve it.

Let me know if you want to try and reset this thing, i'll be around for a while.