My name is ***** *****. I have a new laptop by HP with w,

Customer Question
Hello My name is...

Hello My name is ***** *****. I have a new laptop by HP with w

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Indows 10, and two weeks ago my Targus Docking Station Logitech ACP70US was workiing fine, connecting to two Acer Monitors, a keyboard and a mouse.I returned from my trip, made the USB connevtion to the dockin g station and booted up the computer, but nothing comes u on the monitors. No response at all. I have tried rebooting- and nothing happens. I checked the Display settings in the Control Panel and found no indication of connection to the Docking Station and the two external monitors. Is there something i CAN DO TO FIX THIS? Thanks for any advice

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/11/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you find the disc from which you installed the Logitech ACP70US onto the Windows 10 computer, and do that install over again from the start. It may be that during your trip, the drivers (through which the interface to the docking station is recognized by the Windows 10 computer) became corrupted, and need a replacement and a refreshing by that means.

Also try connecting the docking station to a different USB port on the computer... if that is possible. It might make all the difference - USB ports are theoretically all alike, but in practice one (or even two) on a computer may be disabled by various odd processes, compared to other USB ports on that computer.