Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an Acer 4720Z that is giving me a "System Disabled"

Customer Question

I have an Acer 4720Z that is giving me a "System Disabled" [03825].
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: No answer yet. Made request on 2/6/16 and have had no reply. If you cant help, please refund my $23.00.

Update: 3/4/2016

Still need assistance, please help.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The error message means, the BIOS is locked and to solve the problem, you have to completely dismantel or take apart the laptop and then, remove the CMOS battery for few mins. which will remove the lock and you will be able to use the laptop again. Please make sure if you want to try that, then let me know and I will give you the steps to do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to know the steps to get to the battery. I guess I should replace the battery while I'm at it?

Must I assign a password ***** can I go without one.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

There is no need to assign any password ***** no need to replace the battery, just remove it for few mins and then replace it again.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Should I post the link for the steps ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found some pretty good stuff on YouTube so I don't think it's necessary for you to post the steps.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, but can you tell me, what stuff did you got on Youtube ? because I have already told you what you have to do for solving this problem and after that information anyone can get the steps from the net.