I am new to the Samsung 5. I have read the manual and looked…

Customer Question
I am new to the...
I am new to the Samsung 5. I have read the manual and looked online but cannot figure out how to upload my photos to my computer. I am 70 years old and not as quick to catch on as you young folks. Please answer using 1st grade words !!!! Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
2/4/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Good morning! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Lana Henley

Hi Lana! To begin, we will need the data cable that should have come

Open the cover at the bottom of your phone.

Connect the data cable to the socket and to your computer's USB port.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I have done this.

OK. Great!

Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your phone.

Press Connected as a media device.

Press Media device (MTP) until the function is turned on.

The WiFi and the Bluetooth are lit. I don't see a Media device function. What does it look like?

If you start at the top and slide your finger down the screen, you should see options on the screen. One of them should be "Connected as a media device." then you should see Media device (MTP). Press that until it turns on.

I don't see what you're referring to. I'd like to terminate our phone call. Thanks for trying.

You're welcome. I do apologize. I have a few other suggestions for you if you'd like to try them, but I understand if you don't. My other suggestion involves using Google Photos. If setup correctly, all photos that are taken on your phone will upload to google photos which can be accessed form any computer when you sign in with your google account. Would you like to try that before we terminate?