My husband ha a fairly new computer with windows 8. While…

Customer Question
My husband ha a fairly...
My husband ha a fairly new computer with windows 8. While suffering with dementia he erased almost everything. Is it possible for me to take over his computer and use it for myself?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you looking to reset the computer back to factory defaults, and create and use a new account itself?

If so, is the computer using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

It's using 8
I can't find the operating disk

I see, no issues. Are you able to boot up to the Windows logon screen itself?

Im sorry the hospital just called I have to rush over

No issues; I'll be available throughout the day - please leave me a reply when you are back online, and we will take this further. Thank you.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Are you still there?

Hi, I'm available now, and will be online throughout the day - please leave me a reply when you get this, and we will take the issue further. Thank you.

I moved the computer to where I can use my computer as well. However, I can't get the monitor to turn on on the Windows 8 computer

I see, no issues. Now, is it a desktop or a laptop?

it's a desktop
I haven't been able to find it's mouse either.

OK. Now, please disconnect the power supply from the CPU, and disconnect the monitor as well.

Done that, press and HOLD down the Power button for atleast 30 seconds, and then release the button.

Done that, re-connect the power supply and the monitor, and turn it back on. Does it power on this time?

Also, make sure that the USB mouse is connected properly to one of the USB ports on the CPU. Keep me posted.

the monitor says there's no signal

Hmm; did you disconnect the monitor from the CPU first, and then HOLD down the Power button (on the CPU) for atleast 30 secs - 1 min, and then re-connect the monitor?

Okay, did this happen right after you moved the computer? If so, you might need to switch the video source on the monitor again; what's its make and model?

lg ipsled 27mp65

Okay, please download the user manual for your monitor now, as follows:

http://www.lg.com/in/support-product/lg-27MP65HQ-P

"

Open up the manual file and scroll down to Page 9 ("Connecting to PC" section), and make sure that the HDMI cables are connected as shown in the same. Done that, let me know.

they look right

Okay, let me open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist further. Thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer. I would like to assist you with your issue and would be your next active exert

Diana, Would you please share the computer model?

lenevo idea center intel inside CORE i5

Does monitor works with second computer if you have any?

it worked on my computer

Since it works on your computer, monitor is free from issue.

The problem is with your husband computer(CPU)..

Is it possible to re-fix ram inside husband's computer?

If you can do it. I want you to simply remove all RAMs from computer then power on to check status..

I don't know. He has dementia and erased most of what came on the computer. I don't know what ram is and it's a windows 8 which I don't know how to do. I'm thinking this is all too complicated for me

ok

When you turn on computer, is any beep sound produce from computer

but I can't see anything on the monitor

ok, is it a continuous beep sound or how long it beeps?

no just a short beep and the monitor has a short light

Monitor connects to VGA or HDMI port on computer?

hdmi port

one more question: Does this computer have a graphics card?

I don't know Maybe I should forget all about this and just get my money back. I haven't a clue how to do all this stuff
Andy, Computer Consultant