Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

It's ***** *****; I turned on my Roku last night {a 2 i

Customer Question

hi, it's ***** *****; I turned on my Roku last night {a 2 i believe} - got the tones when Roku booted up, but played a movie via Amazon and got picture no sound; re did the hdmi's; even changed the ports into which hdmi went . . . . i' ve played amazon via roku before . . . . . any ideas what i'm missing ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no . .. .not in front of tv; honestly was googling the issue and you popped up !
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This sounds like a glitch with the audio setting on the tv, it happens sometimes when you switch inputs. Try this first please, change the input on your tv to a component that is not hdmi, then power off the roku by disconnecting the power cord, then switch the tv input back to the roku source, then reconnect power and check.