How do I reset windows media player 8.1 to original

Customer Question
settings?...
how do I reset windows media player 8.1 to original settings?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
2/1/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

To confirm, you have windows 8.1 correct?

Thanks

You do a reinstall of media player to reset it

To do this, press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

Click on uninstall a program.

Click on Turn windows features on or off

Uncheck on Media Features and click ok.

Let it complete and when it has, restart, go back and check it and click ok and it will then be installed again with default original settings.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Richard, Computer Specialist