I have an Amazon Fire tablet, I do not know how to setup an…

Customer Question
I have an Amazon Fire...
I have an Amazon Fire tablet, I do not know how to setup an account with Amazon to connect to the WiFi?
Roni
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/31/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Roni.

I think you may be misunderstanding the process here.

There are 2 separate functions. First, the kindle will prompt you to connect to your home wifi network. This has nothing at all to do with your email or with amazon.

You will need to pick the home wifi network name from the list of found/scanned networks, then enter the appropriate wifi network password.

Following that, the kindle needs to be registered. If you purchased it yourself, from your own account on amazon.com, then it would come already registered.

If not, you're simply linking it to your existing amazon account, by inputting your email address and your amazon account password. It gets linked to your existing online account, you don't create anything new or special for the kindle.

If you don't know your wifi info, or need more help, let me know.