Need to finish solving Windows 10 profile problem. PC

Customer Question
currently in Safe Mode with...
Need to finish solving Windows 10 profile problem. PC currently in Safe Mode with DDE window popped up sayin "Unknown Hard Error"; this is re explorer.exe. Carole Davenport(###) ###-####**@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/30/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

A hard error can sometimes indicate a disk problem, however if it has only recently started showing, after an update to Windows 10, it could also be a configuration error. Let's try this.

This issue may occur due to conflict between third party applications or due to system file corruption.
You're already in safe mode, so computer started with a minimal set of drivers and files.

Now set the computer in clean boot state from Safe Mode and check if it helps.

Setting the system in clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

To perform a clean boot, begin by pressing the Win + R shortcut on the keyboard. Type msconfig in the Run dialog and click "OK". The System Configuration utility will appear on the screen. Go to the Services tab and tick the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox. This will show only third-party services. Click Disable all to disable them. On the 'General' tab, click to select the option Selective startup, and then uncheck the Load startup items check box. Now you can close msconfig.

Reboot the computer and see if you still have the error message. If you don't have the error, then it was a third party app causing the problem and we will need to re-enable them one at a time to find the offending program. Once we have isolated the problem, we will need to go back into msconfig and set it for normal boot.

If the problem remains, even after a safe boot, please try this:

Run System File Check (SFC), by following these steps:

Right click on the windows icon in the lower left hand coner of the screen. Left click on command prompt (ADMIN)

In the black box that pops up, Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit Enter.
Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs.

If you don't have a windows 10 install disk, we can try to do a Windows 10 system repair or restore. We will need to discuss our options in depth to determine whether or not you have files that have to be saved and whether or not they have been backed up, etc.

Please try these methods, and let me know what happens. If it doesn't solve the problem, I'll need to know exactly what type of computer you have, and what OS you upgraded from, in order to get to the bottom of this. We may also need to run some hardware tests.

If my answer helps you to solve your problem. please kindly take a moment to rate my service, so I will receive credit for my answer. If you still need help, please let me know so I can continue workinghere with you or refer you to another expert. Please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Carole is this still a problem for you? If so,please let me know exactly what type of computer you have, and what OS you upgraded from, in order to get to the bottom of this. We may also need to run some hardware tests.

I responded to this yesterday. Please call me after you read that response.(###) ###-#### ***** you.

Carole, I'm terribly sorry but your response does not show in the chart log. Is it possible that you responded but forgot to press send? I know that has happened to me before. I still don't know what type of computer you have and whether you upgraded from Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1. I will be happy to give you a call and IF your computer is connected to the internet I will even remotely connect to it and try to take the necessary steps myself (while you watch) to resolve the problem. These are considered additional services, however. I have made an offer of an additional service for you. It is completely optional. If you do not wish to accept, we can continue to try to resolve this here, through chat. I will be only online for a short time longer tonight, but I will check for a response in the morning. Thank you for your patience. Have a pleasant evening!