This is my Question. I have beat my head against the wall…

Customer Question
This is my Question. I...

This is my Question. I have beat my head against the wall to no avail. It all started with "Access Denied" or other errors are displayed when you access or work with files and folders in Windows. I guess I should be looking for the Site where I chatted with Microsoft support techs, who used "Remote Control" to make changes which included "helping me" change my MicrosoftLive Account password, which did not require being changed, BUT that's how my PC got in such bad shape in the first place. NOW I CANNOT EVEN FIND THE PARTICULAR WEB SITE I had approximately 5 or 6 Chat Sessions, of which I know at least one was purposely ended, 1 was just abandoned and I was left hanging for over 20 minutes. All were Listed as SR#(###) ###-#### ***** I was left still not being able to make changes to my information. I am not claiming that things were done intentionally to cause me problems with regard to User Account "Users" which control my access to system changes. What I did not know was that WIn 8.1 User Accounts does not include a user account ADMINISTRATOR nor a Hidden Administrator. As I researched my problem, I thought I knew I had a User Set for myself as ADMINISTRATOR One of The first techs I chatted with asked if I had tried set up an actual Administrator. I said I wasn't sure, they then had me to do so. BUT for whatever reason the user displayed as Josh Penland. So I now have USer Accounts :standard= my self, standard= Nana, and administrator = josh! When I continued to have the same errors and each time it was indicated that I needed permission from user josh, a couple of chatters had me reset my MicrosoftLive.com password. Now because somehow I had neglected to record my user jack's password, I cant log into my PC because I do not know the password ***** Admin user josh. (I am able to log into my PC because I set a four digit code as alternative means of access, but I can not complete changes because I do not know josh"s password. Now, these are some of the things I know I need to know! (which using some of Microsoft publications, I have not been able to accomplish) 1 Correcting "Access Denied" when working with files and folders 2 I do not have Ownership or permissions 3 Rest lost or forgotten Admin Password ***** Net User Commands 5 Reset passwords when forgotten 6 Reset passwords using command prompt 7 Use Password ***** and Advanced 8 Use NETPLWIZ

I can recover or restore my PC, but just rather not for fear of not getting something important backed up

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/30/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

This sounds like the Microsoft tech may have been a fraud.

Randy, I gotta get some rest as it is 12:45 am and I been setting here for hours. I'll check in tomorow

Thanks

Jack

okay, that will be good.

Randy Sorry I could not get back with you today (sat 2-30-2016).

Tho I was tied up, I had bout half expected that you would have given thought and posted me an answer bout exactly howto begin fixing my main problem, plus all my other problems, and all the problems of this country, and heck yes, all the programs of this tiny world.. Naw just kidding LOL

Did not really know what to expect, since I wasnt able to get back today.

Seems like everything I can understand and/or down load off the net - Microsoft etc- is either vague, incomplete, or I just do not comprehend enough to fix it. Seems the first and major issue is to get the MicrosoftLive.com password ***** as the Administrator password ***** which I cant do cause I do not know the Administrator's current password. And I do know the Miscrosoft Live password ***** it does not need to be changed.

I know I can do a history backup (?) and then restore the system, but am afraid I might miss something and lose something.

Anyway thanks for your help

no problem, let me know when you are ready.

Randy, here I go again! Now its medical. Monday @1pm, I am going to have a small, short procedure done at a local hospital. Nothing of any worry - except they put you to sleep, then hope they can wake you up in 40 minutes. Just a new thing concerning attaching "a pacemaker as such" to your bladder. My wife had it done 2 weeks ago, and I gonna try. Anyway Ill be out of it afterwards tomorrow, but will be in touch Tuesday.

I have still been trying tofind the problem on my PC, but all indications are I have got to get the password ***** my accounts administrator but nothing so far has worked.

If you can and have any suggestions, just post em to me, and Ill try em when the fog lifts.

Thanks and have a good day

Jack

sounds good!

Good luck with the procedure.

Thanks

your welcome.

HI Randy

This stuff is about to drive me bonkers!!!

Until late night, I kept last night, I kept trying all the suggestion etc as I have been able to gleen from Forums, reviews, and Microsoft postings per downloads.

Then it dawned on me that I cant complete any of them (and could probably do em all, ) Because I can't get "RESET WINDOWS 8.1 PASSWORD ***** WHEN FORGOT IT"

and I need that password ***** the user account that I have setup as the Administrator I designated, but not signed in with!

HERE IS THE LINK TO WHAT i AM TRYING TO USE.

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-8-password/windows-8.1-password-reset-when-forgot-it.html

I just cant seem to either understand or just not get it to work. Would you please if you could answer that for me, first!

Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi Jack. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is the administrative "Josh" account set up to log in with a Microsoft account.

In other words, is there an email address that displays on the "Josh" login screen?

Hi Byron, I am Jack. Thanks for joining to get this "Monkey OFF MY back" I really hate it when something doesnt work for me and, worse, I CANT FIX IT myself, and nothing I have tried has worked either.

OK ?1. No Josh is not set with our Microsft Account PASSWORD. (I was working with A Microsoft Answer Desk Teck, when they wanted me to Install AN Administrator, as there was not one on my USER LIST. Well when the system created "Josh, "WE" had used some other PW, and then I forgot to WRITE IT DOWN or REMEMBER IT. Then my problems to multiply or so it seems...

?2. Yes to my surprise - it is***@******.***

I have no idea where it came from (unless "WE /\ /\ /\ did it)

Preciate it

Hi. We're on way. Can you tell me the last 4 digits of your phone number that

ends with 29 and whether or not you can receive text messages at that number?

Well must be another of my gaffs

the number you want verified should be eight six five six eight zero eight seven FIVE NiNe

and yes that is my cell and we can use it all you need to!

Microsoft is looking for a phone number that ends with 29.

Does that apply to you?

Well NO Do not know where that came from

Microsoft always sends verification codes etc to 8759

What's your other Microsoft email address?

Account aliases

<divCustomerlive.com (primary alias)

<divCustomergmail.com

Remove

<divCustomeroutlook.com

Remove

18656808759

Remove

Sign-in preferences

Open your inbox for this email:***@******.***

and let me know the code

Security code: 5237

This is getting difficult. Did you ever use this email account:***@******.***

This is the information requested regarding this account:***@******.***

First Name
Last Name
Birth date
Country/region
Other passwords you've used for this account
Subjects of your recently sent emails
Names of any folders you've created, other than default folders like Junk, Drafts, or Sent
Email addresses of contacts you've recently sent emails to
Last five digits of your Xbox Live prepaid card number
Last four digits of the credit card number
Expiration date

Yes and no

As i entered earlier, when chatting with Microsoft Answer Desk, the Teck had try to setup a used account that would show in the USER Account. The only thing that worked to create an ADVISOR was to faux user Josh Penland, with that email address, and a PASSWORD ***** I realized a week later was that users password ***** was not same as microsoft account name , and now I do not remember what we entered

We can try giving them as much info as you can and see what happens.

We can also create a password ***** disk that has a feature that

will unlock the master Administrator account but this is something

that doesn't always work.

As BEST I can rememember when the answer tech setup up the faux user, I am certain that they actually entered the data VIA Remote Access and I do not know if the "tabbed" through most spaces.

I supplied these and only these:

First Name Josh
Last Name Penland
Birth date did not
Country/region did not
Other passwords you've used for this account did not
Subjects of your recently sent emails never sent any
Names of any folders you've created, N/A
Email addresses of contacts you've recently sent emails to N/A
Last five digits of your Xbox Live prepaid card number N/A have none
Last four digits of the credit card number used none
Expiration date N/A

Sorry thats all I know
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/9iu79-question-beat-head-against-wall.html?al=1&utm_source=sys&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewanswer_bu&utm_campaign=answer_notify&r=nte%7c2016-02-01_pdcJaUsTrxAnswerNotify%7cln=viewanswer_bu&rpt=901#ixzz3yylDDmg4

So as far as you are aware, no email was ever sent through this account?

Fror security I will supply only what they already have on my Account which I just copied 2 3 ago

No way didnt even realize or remember we had entered until it came up here a few days - answers ago

check your***@******.*** email for another code.

Please use the following security code for the Microsoft account ha******@outlook.com
Security code: 2474

BYRON, I have requested and received Security codes for this account @ ja*****@live.com several times in the last 4-5 days

Thanks. Not a recoverable account. There wasn't enough initial information to proceed.

Did the computer originally come with Windows 8?

Byron the Microsoft Live is***@******.*** My OS is Win 8.1

PC came with Win *

I am currently logged into my PC using a 4 digit pin #

Can also log into it using same password ***** Live Acct PW

I am logged into jax****@live.com (EMAIL) using same password ***** Live Acct PW

Problem is I am logged in as a standard user and can make no changes without

Administrator JOSH PW

There is no actual account Microsoft Live account***@******.*** which which was never intended. So thats why it cant be located

Without that password ***** no way to reset it through Microsoft you have limited options.

Did you purchase the Password ***** program

from the link you posted earlier?

OK somewhere ABOVE in my replys to expert is a long link

beginning with:

http://www.isunshare/com/windows-8-passwords ***************** ending with forgot-it.html#opt1

I have printouts after printout titled as: reset windows 8.1 login password ***** forgot

titled as: reset windows 8.1 login password ***** lost etc

Yes I purchased and have Genius but although Microsoft says WHEN FORGOT meaning I aint got it. Trying to run it still asks for the Azdministrator PW . Unless I just dont knnow how to follow instructions I dunno

I don't know anything about how that program works. What's the brand and model of your PC?

Here is the link..

If it is from Microsoft Should there not be an answer somewhere, somehow from MICROSOFT

See if you can find out from them, please

If everybody knew how to defeat Microsoft security none of us would be safe.

What's the brand and model of your PC?

Then why the heck is it presented

Somehow the link you posted above didn't come through. Can you post it again?

HP ENVY20 AIO

model d113w

I just downloaded the trial version of that software and created the bootable flash drive.

It worked in the sense that I was able to boot from the drive and run the program

but since it wasn't fully functional as a trial I can't say how it works.

Do you have another PC you can use as an administrator to create your disk or flash drive?

yes I have another pc to work with, but I am going to have to call it a daynow.

Been up since 5:30am

Spent 6+ hours in Hospital check in, minor surgery op room, and wake up and recovery and check out.

And right now I doubt I could follow another word on instructions

Will see what I can do tomorrow

Sorry

Thanks

Oh as to your ? If everybody knew how to defeat Microsoft security none of us would be safe.

With all the passwod double checks and safegaurds through the Microsoft Live account would that not afford us the ability to somehow obtain information regarding our personal info, data, and Hardware? etc

Not a problem. Let me know tomorrow.

Thanks Byron. Catch you sometime tomorrow

Certainly. I'll be here.

Byron HI how are you today.

Hi. I'm here now.