My question concerns my whole computer. I have windows 10,

Customer Question
with BitDefender, kept getting windows...
My question concerns my whole computer. I have windows 10, with BitDefender, kept getting windows telling me I had problems-errors, and my Drivers were not up to date, or not on/working. I have no idea how to update drivers.
Last nite I decided maybe it would be better if I got SlimCleaner Plus and DriverUPdate. I finally got the SlimCleaner on and ran it to have errors taken off, then had extra spaces taken off my Disc. Then it wanted me to run a optimizer (I think), which was to clean all trash or unneeded junk off my disc (C), so I ran that which took a few hours. I decided I would go ahead and get the DriverUpdate running, if I could. But before I even got started trying to download Driver Update, ran into other people who were having specific problems. One person wanted to know how to get the SlimCleaner Plus "OFF" his computer-safely. Said he had heard some real horror stories about people who had the SlimCleaner Plus. And this person said they realized they didn't 'need' this program on their computer !!
So here I am beginning to doubt my actions. I'm definately not a computer wise person, and I am 74 yr old, but not totally over the hill yet, but getting there fast.
My Son has told me several times NOT to download anything on my computer. But with BitDefender I have had it before, about a couple years ago. And it operates and looks different now than when I had it then. But seems to be working just fine. Mostly I just have it do the quick scan of my computer, anything else I really don't know or understand what I am looking at, so leave it alone.
What should I do? I need to know if I need these programs on my computer, the SlimCleaner Plus and DriverUpdate (like I said I have not downloaded the Driver yet). If not I can cancel my order & get my money back.
Also, does Microsoft or any program I have, automatically download the drivers I need and update them? Do I need to even worry about cleaning my computer, or updating drivers??
What I have is a Dell computer. Started with Windows XP. Then my Son completely rebuilt my tower and I went to Windows 8.1. Then a Tech I had talked to, when I asked him if I should go to Windows 10 (It was Free from Microsoft) he said it might be wise to because sooner or later the windows 8.1 would be unsupported by Microsoft. So I have it now. Seems less complicated in some ways than the 8.1
Can you help me with this situation. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/29/2016
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

I recommend not to install such softwares on computer. More than helpful these softwares are headache really. It will always pop up some issues.

Many peoples have come across with problems after optimizing registry settings using this software. You can use windows built in features to optimize computer. like disk cleanup feature, check disk utility, Defragmention etc...

Its not necessary to update drivers all the times although updating driver will fix bugs which had in previous versions and better support OS.

It doesn't mean that if driver is not updated system stops working.

When you really want to update drivers?

If you feel system is not stable or if specific device is not working as you think. System gets hang, get restarted after connecting specific devices, etc... on this situation you can go for driver update as well Windows update..

Companies generally release drivers in a year or 6 months and some lesser when there is bugs in previous version of drivers..

How do i check if driver update is available?

There are two ways normally.

1:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/automatically-get-recommended-drivers-and-updates-for-your-hardware

2: Use hardware manufactures website > search for driver for your device >Find the release date

So request you to uninstall any third party software installed on computer and follow above steps if you intend for driver update..

Please letme know if you still have any queries

Thanks

Fiyaz