I have an ASUS Q502L laptop 1 year. Now running windows 10,

I have an ASUS Q502L...
I have an ASUS Q502L laptop for about 1 year. Now running windows 10, At some point I lost all sound. Speaker test through Settings works fine with either laptop speakers or headset, but no sound from any app, test of sounds for windows, internet video/audio, etc.
Ray Sweet
1/28/2016
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Do you have any songs available in the PC that you can play and test it,have you tried that?

Did this problem started after upgrading to windows 10?

Is this your laptops full model number Q502LA?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

No songs on the computer. Perhaps I could download or maybe download on another computer and transfer. Just don't use music much so stupid about this. Did test sounds that are part of Windows (eg, for different operations) - don't give any sound. I don't know when the problem occurred, unfortunately.
Laptop model is .Q502LSuggestions?

Thank you for the details.

Did this problem started after upgrading to windows 10 or did sound worked after windows 10 was installed?

It occurred after downloading windows 10 because I got unsolicited connections to msn or other with sound in the middle of night, along with constant greetings about excel, ppt, etc.One other issue, unlikely related, is that if I leave the computer on, it goes into some death spiral with swirly bubbles on the screen and becomes difficult to even shut down and restart using touchpad or mouse

Please try to open device manager to do that please follow the instructions.

Press windows key + R key that will open run box in that type devmgmt.msc and press enter

that will open device manager window,Now expand sound,video and game controller and let me know the name of the audio driver listed in it also see if there is any driver conflicts in device manager which will be marked with a yellow exclamation mark.

Intel(R) Display Audio
Realtech high definition audiono flags

Thank you.

Right click on Realtek high definition audio then click on uninstall and continue with un-installation after that it will ask you to restart the PC.Please do and check it.

Please let me know the result.

Note: - Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page after the restart ,In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You an also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.

John, Computer Support Specialist
Terry
Terry, Retired
Phone call session started
OK - will do that now

Thank you and let me know the result please.

Sincerely,

No different

In that case may i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

restarting computer - will be back in a minute

OK please do and check once again after the restart and let me know if there is any change because it might have installed the driver again.

I am back - when I checked after the first restart the driver was there and under properties said it was working properly. I ran a device trouble shooter and it noted that problems with drivers. that it "fixed". That was reason for the last restart - still no sound and I can't even find how I tested the speakers an hour ago. Ok to access my computer. Can you also reach me by phone for extra charge?Ray

Thanks for the update,I am sorry to say that i cannot provide phone support but once i am connected to your PC we will have direct chat link we can use that.

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=72092637-9206-4808-9732-a22e80610aac# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

I have fixed the sound issue via remote support

Sincerely,

John, Computer Support Specialist