Why is magic dropping 90 - 95 % of my phone calls, past few…

Customer Question
Why is magic Jack dropping...
Why is magic Jack dropping 90 - 95 % of my phone calls, for the past few months?
( It only dropped about 5 - 10 % of my calls for the first 8 months - - that was okay )
( Also, a few months ago, my bank debit card had about 6 phony charges on it - - incl. some phony charges by Yangling.
A magicJack rep. on the phone said I have the koobface trojan, and that is dropping my calls. - - - my computer tech friend says he doubts that I have koobface.
I have run both AVG & Malwarebytes, but that made no difference in the dropped calls.
I have also disconnected my laptop completely, while making phone calls, but that did not help.
MagicJack said $48. a few minutes ago, but now says $77 .... can I get your help for $48 ?
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. let's start with the simplest things first. Have you done a speed test to see exactly what your network speed is? If not, I recommend speedtest by Ookla. You can run it here:

http://www.speedtest.net. Please try that ans let me know the results.

below Canada average ( I know I have the basic / slowest speed internet ).
ping12ms download speed 17.57Mbps upload speed 0.57Mbps
No more to add.

That is likely to be a very large part of the problem. Voip applications like magic jack require a consistent steady bandwidth in order to work well. The magic jack site states that "Your Internet must have a minimum of 128 kb/s upload speed. If you're not sure how fast your Internet connection can upload data, test it out at speakeasy.net/speedtest. There's no requirement, however, for download speed." The results of your speedtest indicate that you only have half that. I know that this is not the answer thatyou were hoping for but it is the correct answer. If this has been helpful to you in any way, please kindly rate my service. If you feel that it hasn't been helpful, please don't rate and I will opt out and ask another expert to provide a second opinion. In any case, please have a wonderful evening!