I have lost my old facebook account and want it back now all…

Customer Question
I have lost my old...
I have lost my old facebook account and want it back now all of my pictures are on that account. someone hacked my account and set up a new one the help pages aren.t helping as i had to change my e-mail from***@******.*** to***@******.*** i need the account that was opened probably 8 to 9 years ago
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/26/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Do you still have access to the original email account, the one that ended in***@******.***? If not, we need to begin by trying to regain access to that account.

I have made a request via Additional Services for a phone call. This is optional, but I believe that it will be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your problem. If you'd rather not do that, we can continue to work on the issue here.

You can try to regain access to your original Yahoo account by following these instructions:

If you setup security questions, an alternate email address and/or associated a cell phone number with the account, you may be able to regain access by simply going to the sign in page and clicking on "can't access your account?” On the next page, enter your yahoo email address and click “submit”. If you have associated a phone number with your account in the past, you will then be asked to complete the phone # ***** is partially displayed. If you have not, but you have entered an alternate email address, you may be asked to complete the partial email address that is displayed.

If none of those options work for you, you may still be able to regain access to your account by completing a form and answering other questions about your account. That form can be accessed

To regain access to your yahoo account, please click here.

Once you have access to the original yahoo account, you should be able to easily reset your facebook password ***** is associated with that account, by following these instructions:

Regain Access to Facebook Account

If you can't log into Facebook and need to reset your password:

1. Go to the Facebook login screen at www.facebook.com

2. In the top right, click Forgot your password?

3. Type the email, phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click on Search and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. If you are able to provide the requested information, you will be sent a link or a code to use for resetting your password ***** by email or by text message.

4. If you can’t remember the email, phone number, or username for the account, and can’t find it on the Find Your Account page, here are some suggestions that may help:

§ Ask one of your Facebook friends to look at the About section of your profile and send you the email address listed in the Contact Information section.

§ Try entering every email address or mobile number you've owned (one at a time). You may have added an email address or mobile number to your account and forgotten about it.

§ Enter your username. Your username is ***** ***** Facebook URL:

<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75"
coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe"
filled="f" stroked="f">
<v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75"
alt="https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t39.2365-6/851586_154132461443885_616078931_n.png"
style='width:170.4pt;height:24.6pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'>
<v:imagedata src="file:///C:/Users/ALISON~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png"
o:title="851586_154132461443885_616078931_n"/>

If you don't know your username, ask a friend to go to your profile and send you the username in the URL.

§ Try entering variations of your name, just in case you signed up using a nickname.

§ If you're asked to enter a friend's name, try a variety of friends if the first friend you try doesn't locate an account. Remember to enter your friend's full name, not just their first name.

Facebook, unfortunately does not provide direct phone support or live tech support. If these instructions do not help you will need to go the Facebook Help Center at www.facebook.com/help/ and search for help with your particular problem

Luckily, when all else fails, you can regain access to your account by providing proper id and uploading it to them so they can verify your identity.

Here's a link to the types of id that are acceptable

https://www.facebook.com/help/159096464162185

and here's a link to a page that tells you how to upload them:

https://www.facebook.com/help/153265828135764

Once you have regained access I recommend that you immediately update your password, your phone #, and your email address so you can more easily regain access in future if your account is hacked or your password ***** *****

Additionally you can set up "Trusted Friends" who can help you regain access to your account. Here's a link to information about Trusted Friends:

https://www.facebook.com/help/119897751441086?sr=4&query=trusted%20friends&sid=0fX5vKOneuQ7rjXGJ

If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate me by clicking on the stars and then clicking submit or finish. If you are not satisfied, please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to continue troubleshooting an dto address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!