My computer died but monitor still worked. Friend gave me a…

Customer Question
My computer died but monitor...
My computer died but monitor still worked. Friend gave me a processor that worked but when I hooked up my monitor to it, it says no signal imput. Monitor and processor both worked independently a minute ago. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .
I am sorry to hear that you are heaving this issue.Make sure the connections are good on the monitor cable and then reboot your computer and check. The xp should recognize the monitor after you reboot the compter.

Trying that now

Okay, let know what happens please.

Nope still no signal
Any more ideas
Are you there randy?

Yes, check both ends of your cable make sure the pins are straight and tight.

they are

Okay, when connecting a monitor to a system running Windows XP, it will be automatically recognised and installed.There must be a setting on the xp that was used by the other persons monitor.

try pressing the Windows key and P at the same time.