My slingbox does not turn on. I checked every thing but the…

Customer Question
My slingbox does not turn...
My slingbox does not turn on . I checked every thing but the lights doesn't turn on. What do I should do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/25/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

If you have no POWER LIGHT.....the unit power supply has failed.

.

There is not much a person can do about this problem, short of replacing the whole unit.

.

Inside every Electronic device that uses a computer chip (almost every electronic device in a home theater setup) there is a AC to DC power supply converter. The unit takes in AC power, and converts it to DC power to send to tall the internal PCB's and other components including processing chips.

.

These types of PSU's (Power Supply Unit's) are very susceptible to HEAT. If not properly kept cool, they will very easily burn out.

.

Once a PSU burns out, they are NOT repairable....they are simply REPLACED.

.

IN your case of a SLingBox....they dont make CONSUMER-ready replaceable PSU for a SlingBox...Unfortunately!

The SlingBox company position, is such that in the event of a Unit failure (of any nature) then the unit is to be Fully replaced....not repaired.

.

I recommend to you that you get a WARRANTY service done.

.

If not under warranty, you are stuck with getting a replacement.

.

Although if one were so inclined....one COULD in theory open the SlingBox....and remove the burnt out PSU, and replace with a new (pulled out from a different, working, SlingBox) PSU. Although you would have to be somewhat familiar and a Technically savy person.