I need to change a date on a letter buy I do still want it…

Customer Question
I need to change a...
I need to change a date on a letter buy I do still want it to look original
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

In which program is this letter in?

It is a printed letter that was sent to me

Have you scanned it into your computer?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

I am not home yet. I will be home in 20 minutes so I will scan and contact you then.

ok thank you

I don't understand the other offer you sent?
Does it mean I have to pay 34 and another 28 pounds,

Where I can actually change the date for you on the scan rather then message you on how you can do this.

Does it mean I have to pay 34 and another 28 pounds?

yes its additional as its an additional service, but as I indicated its optional

OK that will be better

ok, I do not know which option your referring to.... but if you wish to continue here that's no problem, I am just offering an optional service.

I have scanned it

Are you on a windows or Mac computer?

Windows
Hello

yes I am here, please allow me a few minutes to write out the instructions.

ok, click start, type in

mspaint

And press enter

This is a photo editing program.

Now, what you will need to do is use the eraser icon, and choose the smallest size.

Then rub out the part of the date you do not want.

Then locate the same number for the part of the date you want to put in.

Use the Select tool and select the number

Then press CTRL + C then CTRL + V to make a copy which will be in the very top left

Drag this to where you want it appear.

Repeat this until you have the date set and it will look as the original

Let me know how you go please.

You mean start for the computer?

yes, that you click to access your programs

My laptop has windows 10 so still learning get where everything is

Its the windows icon in the very bottom left.

Where do I locate the number to insert.

somewhere within the letter, as it needs to be the same type of text, so its limited to trying to find the number in the letter or a similar letter.

I don't understand
Then locate the same number for part of the date you want to put in.Where do I get the numbers on the ms paint?

What is it sorry you do not understand?

within the letter itself, you select it using the selection tool

do I type in the number? The select tool does not give me options of numbers just shapes

If you type it in you will see its different.

The selection tool is used to select areas on the letter, so you use the selection tool to select the number (draw a box around it)

Drag this to where you want it appear.

I selected a text box and the number appears differently to the rest of the page

yes, as I said, and why it was not part of my instructions.

Just guide me

I have been, with specific step by step instructions, it cannot be broken down any further but as your selecting text boxes, it appears your not reading the instructions I am sending.

Why is this?

OK so where do I get the numbers?

as I answered before when you asked this question before...

Are you sure you do not wish for me to just do this as it seems your having difficulties reading my messages and instructions.

I do not have the numbers in the letter. Only the number 1

Then you will need to find a letter from the same company that has the number in it. I think I am talking to a different person than at the start of this question? As we went through this information before... It's no problem but just let me know please.

But you have to select the number in this letter or similar and copy it to the date so it appears genuine.

There's no need to be rude. I now understand what you are saying
if I cannot find the other number what do I do?

I am not being rude and sorry if it came over this way, I cannot see who I am talking to, and if this was another person, then it would have been easier to just repeat the entire instructions again, as it was getting very confusing. It should not have been taken as being rude.

If you do not want them to know its been altered, you have to find the number by reviewing other letters, or even part of the reset of the date itself, there is no other way around this.

else as you saw with the text they will see you altered it

Are you still there? Did you complete this?

Richard, Computer Specialist