Yesterday I lost my wifi connecton to my kindle. I tried…

Customer Question
Yesterday I lost my wifi...
Yesterday I lost my wifi connecton to my kindle. I tried putting in my password ***** I have done previously when then happened but it won't connect me to my wifi. What should I do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/23/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release.

Then follow these steps please>

On your Kindle>

1. Tap the Quick Settings symbol in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
4. Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to

enter a password, select Forget.

Then on your router>

Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,
Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)

Then on your kindle>

• try connecting to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

did that work for you?

Please let me know if you need more help.