Hp 6730b laptop won't boot and there are two padlock icons…

Customer Question
Hp 6730b laptop won't...

Hp 6730b laptop won't boot and there are two padlock icons "A" and "1" that blink three times. Tried removing the battery and holding down the power button. looking for more troubleshooting help. -***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I don't think so. like what details?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/23/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

This is often a sign of a hardware problem, meaning possibly the motherboard, the memory, etc. However, it could also be as simple as having a usb drive plugged in that the computer is trying to boot from. Let's begin by unplugging any usb devices (other than mouse and keyboard. Try to boot. If it still fails to boot, giving you the blinking lights, try removing the battery, and power cord, waiting a few minutes and trying to start up with only the power cord, not the battery. Please give this a try and let me know if it helps.

If those simple troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, here's a link to an HP site that may help you. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674. If my answer has been helpful, please be kind and take a moment to rate me so I will be receive credit for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

i had already done what you suggested. In the meantime, I found a solution in a online forum. Turns out that the GPU was loose and all i had to do was press down on the keyboard near the yuio7890 area, and it booted. Thanks anyway.

You're welcome. I'm glad that you were able to find a solution. Have a great weekend!