I am Shefin and I would suggest you try following the below instructions before restoring the computer back to Windows 7.
Note : Please make sure that you are selecting correct registry items.
1. Press the Windows logo key + R key to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type in regedit and press Enter. It will open Registry Editor.
3. Type regedit in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi
5. Right-click atapi, point to New, then click Key.
6. Type Controller0, and then press Enter.
7. Right-click Controller0, point to New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value.
8. Type EnumDevice1, and then press Enter.
9. Right-click EnumDevice1, click Modify....
10. Type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
11. Exit Registry Editor. Restart the computer.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
S H E F I N