Gateway Vista 32 windows home premium. Computer won't boot…

Customer Question
Gateway Vista 32 windows...
Gateway Vista 32 windows home premium. Computer won't boot in any mode. Message the system registry file is missing or corrupt. Do not have Windows installation disc. won't boot from recovery disc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/21/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. May I ask type of computer you have? If we are lucky, your computer may have a built-in restore partition that we can boot from to do a factory restore.

Gateway model MT6821

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to research that model.

where are you?
Hanging...

I'm here. The gateway does have a restore feature. It is easy to access from the menu but since you can't boot we'll have to try to access it a bit differently. Please hold down the ALT Key and repeatedly press F10 as it is booting. It should bring you to a boot sequence screen, then choose the HDD and then hold down ALT and repeatedly press F10 again. That should bring you to the Restore menu. Please give that a try and let me know when you have accessed the menu.

Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is my top priority!

Idont see HDD
I see boot screen with 4 options

Ok. Please tell me what you do see. If you'd like for me to call you so we can communicate more quickly, please accept that additional service that is offered.

Main Menu Drive
USb Hard Drive
Boot to LAN
CDROM/DVD

Ok. Let's begin again. We need to get to the Advanced Boot Menu. I am about to post detailed instructions for the entire process.

first should read Main Hard Drive
hello??
  1. Remove all CDs or DVDs from the optical drives.

2. Turn off the computer, using the normal Windows shut down process.

3. After the computer is turned off, disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. This includes USB devices such as a printer, scanner, removable storage, or camera.

4. Turn on the computer. After the Gateway BIOS logo appears, repeatedly press the F8 key. The Advanced Boot Options menu opens.

5. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select Repair your Computer, and then press the ENTER key.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the appropriate keyboard layout, and then click Next.

7. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the down arrow to select a user account that has Administrator rights, then click OK.

Note: The Administrator account is disabled by default.

8. In the System Recovery Options window, select Recovery Manager.

In the Gateway Recovery Center window, click Next.

9.  

10. In the Gateway system recovery window, select Full factory recovery.

In the All data will be lost window, select Yes, and then click Next.

11.  

12. The Windows partition is formatted and Windows is installed.

13. In the Recovery is complete window, click Finish.

14. In the System Recovery Options window, select Restart.

15. The computer restarts.

16. Windows prepares to start for the first time. This may take a few minutes.

17. Drivers and applications are installed. This process will take several minutes. The more drivers and applications that need to be installed, the longer the process will take.

Note: The following Out of Box Experience (OOBE) screens may vary slightly between computer models.

18. In the Set Up Windows screen, select the appropriate options and then click Next.

19. In the Please read the license terms screen, check I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

20. In the Choose a user name and picture screen, enter the appropriate information and then click Next.

21. In the Type a computer name and choose a desktop background screen, enter the appropriate information, and then click Next.

In the Help protect Windows automatically screen, select Use recommended settings.

22.  

23. In the Review your time and date settings screen, enter the appropriate information and then click Next.

24. In the Thank You screen, click Start.

25. Windows checks the computer's performance. Depending on hardware, this process could take from 3 to 15 minutes to complete.

26. Windows prepares the desktop.

27. Installation is complete. Any application that shipped on a separate CD can now be installed. It is recommended to update the antivirus definitions and perform Windows Updates.

Please be patient with me. I can only type so fast. I am about to upload a picture of the screen that you should see.

Scratch that. Please click on the link to see a photo of the boot screen that we are looking for. It's faster than uploading a picture.

http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/tutorials/1237d1222346395-advanced-boot-options-advanced_boot_options-jpg

I cant get there GF8 gets me to error screen, F2 gets me to Advanced
Get me out of here.I dont want to go on and I want ,my money back

I'm terribly sorry, but I don't know how to help you if you can't get to the advanced boot screen. I will "opt out" and open your question up to other experts.Have a great day!