We can't be 100% sure but it has all the classic signs of a redirect virus. AVG is a wonderful program. I use it myself. Unfortunately, it doesn't protect from everything. Here's how you can check to see if you have any a virus, spyware or malware.
Downloading the tools that you need.
1) Download Ccleaner from Piriform
2) Download Malware Bytes and install. Be sure to choose the free 14 day
trial for now. I do think it is a wonderful tool for protecting us from malware and spyware that virus programs don't always catch but you can consider the purchase of it later.
3) Download Mcafee's Stinger from this link.
You can just download and run these to see what they tell you, but if they find anything you'll need to go a step further and reboot in safe mode and run them again, as things like this often hide in the memory and can't be fully removed without being in safe mode.
After downloading the programs:
1) Run MalwareBytes. It may be a lengthy process. Allow Malware Bytes to remove orquarantine anything that it finds. It has the potential to be a very lengthy process.
2) Run ccleaner. If you are asked to close Google Chrome please do so. When that is complete please click on the Applications Tab and repeat the process. Next, click on Registry, and then on Scan for issues. When the scan has completed, please click Fix Selected Issues. Click yes, then click save, and when it completes (this one will be quick) click on close.
3)Run stinger. Like Malware Bytes this one may be a bit lengthy.
If anything was found, please reboot your computer into safe mode and run these programs again. Finally, reboot your computer and hopefully everything will be clean and there will no viruses , spyware, or malware. If your scans did find things and the problems recur later, we may need to turn off system restore and repeat all of this again., as some viruses, malware and spyware can hide in System Restore files.