I am working on a Veriton M410, The user installed a video…

Customer Question
I am working on a...
I am working on a Veriton M410, The user installed a video card because they indicated that they were getting no display after that, the display worked for awhile, but they kept getting a found hardware notification in system tray. I am not sure what type of Video card is compatible with this pc or even if it has a separate one or it has an integrated one. After updated driver for card was downloaded, pc worked fine until rebooted. The issue is still existant. The Machine is on, but no display.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/20/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Question, the found new hardware wizard. Word for word, what type of hardware does it say its finding each and every time the PC starts?

It says "installing new hardware" it does not indicate what hardware. When you look in device manager, there are a few items that are not working correctly and one, I believe is the graphics card. The card that they installed was a Nivida GEforce 210, 1gb, ddr3, pci-e 2.0, directx10. Customer downloaded an updated driver for the card and she indicated that it worked fine until the next day and the same issue started again, black screen and the pc is on.

Question. would you mind if i connected and had a look? My knowledge is more efficiently applied in person~

I do not have the PC, it is located at a dr office, and unfortunately, I am not there now. Can you give me an idea on what graphics card is compatible with this system? Also, did they purchase an incorrect one? The office worker indicated that they were having the issue previously, thus the purchase of a new graphics card. Also, I am unfamiliar with the Acer, does this model have an integrated graphics card? I have tried to find specs on their model and unable to find a service manual, etc.

That model of acer shipped with a ATI Radeon™ X1200 originally.. It was probably removed to install the Nvidia.. Most likely, the radeon display drivers weren't removed.. So that may be why it keeps thinking its found new hardware..

Also, the bios needs to be updated , and that needed to happen before the graphics card was installed. Then.. After the graphic card is installed and the correct drive fully installed.

at this point, it would probably be best to remove the card.. reinstall the card ( physically )

Then, reinstall the correct and newest nvidia display driver from here. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then, install the bios update from here. http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/474;-;Veriton%20M410

Also, even if you fix the found new hardware issue for the graphics card, if that's the culprit.. You'll still need to download and install the drivers for the other "broken" or " found"new hardware from the acer site.. Or disable those broken devices altogether..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

the card that they got is compatible? I could not tell from the specs. Also, I had thought of the bios too, thank you for the links to the sites I will need.

Assuming the card is a pci express 16 card.. which it should be or it wouldnt fit.

Yes, its compatible.. And I believe the found hardware wizard is being triggered from a combination of, the card may not be properly installed, the bios needs updating, and maybe the previous video cards drivers werent disabled or removed. And with you mentioning three devices popping up, wed have to disable or remove the drivers for the other three devices to get that message to stop showing~

Dustin S.

I have no idea at this point what exactly they did, scares me when people get into pc's and they have no clue. The card is a 16x, PCI-E 2.0. I was unsure if this card was even fitting into the pci slot. Also, the card seems to indicate that it uses a different type of slot than the original one. Is this correct? I have not had the opportunity of looking inside case to see what was done. I hate to disable devices until I know what they are used for.

Im more of a fan of reinstalling the software and getting the devices working myself. My thoughts on what devices may be failing.

The SD card readers tend to fail and need to be uninstalled from device manager then reinstalled from the acer download site.

I know the old card they probably just removed and didnt uninstall the drivers.. So you have two sets of display drivers now, radeon and nvidia.. Most people forget to remove the old drivers for the machine keeps looking for a card that isnt there.

The card itself should work. But thats assuming theres no hardware issues with the motherboard. ( Which is unlikely, but possible )

D.S