E; very glad to know you! I have a very big problem with my…

Customer Question
Hie; very glad to...

Hie; very glad to know you! I have a very big problem with my hotmail account and my walk to recuperate is terrifying :

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes, sorry, I did tape on 'enter'...

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

In may, my Macbookpro was stolen; it was bought in belgium but in that moment, I was in Costa Rica and I whent to a Icon, reseller in Mac products and bought there a new-one ; one of the problems lies in the qwerty presentation and when I tryed to install my personal accounts, I found impossibilities to get some letters & signs obviously necessary for my passwords,what made the help of the reseller quasi unevitable to reach access to my account ...but they trayed so many times without success that I bought a samsung in order to try myself at home ;... an oder proble rised , with the connection : I'm located in a place where the connectivity is very unstble so that I had too often to restart the requests of recuperation of precisely my hotmail account ... untill the moment when I received a message from microsoft saying that my accont was unreachable ; they than linked me with a special form to recuperate but without variation, they replayed to me that they could not recognise with security that I was the owner of my account ... ... ... What can I do now, what have I to do ?? my blockated mail account contains a lot of datas I need , almost everyday !!please, if you know a way to reach Microsoft whitout an automatic solutionless answer , a way in order to certify my identity as owner of this mail account , ... please say it to me ; and in the same spirit , if you don't expertise about Mac , tel me where to adress my problem . with so many thanks . philippe convent ; my new mail address is -***@******.*** (...but gIves to me no chance to reach the hidden datas of the old-one )

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/19/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give me just a moment to review your comments about your hotmail account issues. I realize that you also have issues with your Macbook, but let's address the email account issues first.

I do apologize, but after carefully reading over your comments, it seems that you have already done everything that I would suggest, including completing the form that you can use to request access when you don't have the answers to the security questions or access to the cell phone or alternate email address for your account. I will "opt out" in the hopes that another expert will pick this up and be able to help. Have a wonderful day!

May I add this (but I think well that you know how Microsoft reacts...) : the reasons invoked by Microsoft to make my account unreachable are 'too many times asked for recuperation ; too many different devices asking for recuperation' , and least, that they couldn't be sure , with my answers on the special form , that I'm the owner ...! regards ***** *****
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

That is tough. especially coming from different countries its going to set off flags with them.

You can TRY calling 800 microsoft but it will be a hell of a long wait time and a lot of being switched around and no guarantee you ever get to anybody that can help.

this page will show how to type any ascii symbol on the mac. But i don't know that it will make much difference at this point if the account is already blocked

http://www.idautomation.com/kb/mac_ascii.html

I think the best thing that you can do is to keep filling in the special form with different guesses and hope you can get enough right to let it pass.

thanks , Sir , but filling new forms to recup. will eanble them to justify that 'someone could be traying to recuperate my mail-account...., and surely if I give other or fantasic answers ... I fullfilled the form with all the replies they wanted (last mails send, last 'objects-tittles' , replay to the control questions ... ; the only uncertain answrers where about my old paswords because I opened this accont more than 15 years ago..., and, having no financial account by them, I didn't answer to this question ; I'm sure they could verify my identity as owner ; I don't understand how it is possible not to be able to explain more nor why this happens nor who I'm , for ex. by scanning my IDcard ,my signature, my other mail-address subscribed at the same time (but where the function was only to avoid to mix different matters ) or other thinks certifying who I'm . kind regards ***** ***** I don't have up to now alternative ways to desblock the situation ; to phone is for me quite impossible: I don't live in USA but in Costa Rica and with a cellular whose connection is uncertain ( cuts) and unpayable ! P.S. : are you sure that there is no mail address to contact a Microsoft service , directely ( like by the phone...) to explain and thereafter know what they exacety want to justify my identity by other forms or pieces or certifications ( for ex. for my stolen Mac, the aquisition of a newone -but qwerty, and of a samsung , and later, for my comfort an other Mac - azerty- in Brussels regards philippe convent

No there is no other way. Hotmail is a free service. The only way that they make money is by limiting their costs. That means almost no support that is not computerized.

They have literally thousands of people with these kinds of issues every single day. From their business standpoint its more efficient to lose you as a customer than to have to spend actual time of a person helping you.

I would again suggest filling out the form again and putting in the old password ***** time. Knowing that password ***** any previous password ***** a long way to showing that you do own the account. Even more so than an id or passport as they don't require you to have the account in your own name. What they require is knowing that you are the one that created and had access to the account. Not that you are the person listed on it.

Robert M., Consultant