I gave up trying to create an Instagram account, at least…

Customer Question
I gave up trying to...
I gave up trying to create an Instagram account, at least temporarily. I don't have the patience to deal with their customer service. I only wanted to create one for my business. When I tried to, it told me that an account was already in use with my e-mail address. I contacted their support because I hadn't created an account. I got the following automated reply:"Hi,Before we can help, we need you to verify that you own this account. Otherwise, we can’t be sure that we’re helping the right person.Please reply to this email and attach a photo of yourself holding a hand-written copy of the code below:
*********
The photo you send must:
- Include the above code written on a clean sheet of paper, followed by your full name
- Clearly show both the code and your face
- Be saved and attached to your reply as a JPEG filePlease note that we won't be able to help until we receive a photo that meets these requirements.
Thanks,
The Instagram Team"So I did that, and received the following message:"Hi,Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, we weren't able to verify that you own this account based on the photo provided. At this time, we can’t give you access to this account or take any further action on it.
Protecting the privacy of the people who use Instagram is very important to us. That's why we ask that you provide a photo of yourself holding a hand-written code or a photo ID that matches the account.
Without receiving a photo or an ID that matches the account, we can't verify that the account belongs to you. If you send us an acceptable image, we’ll continue to assist you.Thanks,*******
Community Operations
Instagram"This is so ridiculous. I was wondering what else I could do. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/18/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

there are two things that you can do

first please understand what is happening. You must have an old dormant account with that email address. or you accidentally set it up and started over not thinking it went through. that is why you cant make a new one with that email address.

what you can do

A. Just use a different email address to create the account. Most people have more than one these days or you can easily make a new one at www.yahoo.com or gmail.com or live.com

OR

B. instead of trying to make a new account try to log in to the account using the email address you tried to make this one with. then hit the lost password ***** and it should have an option to send an email to you with a link to reset the password.

hmmm. it says you dont have one linked to your facebook account maybe you can try setting one up that way.

if you want to accept my offer i can log in remotely to get it set up on your computer or set one up for you on mine while we talk on the phone.

But when I try to do that, it says that another account is using my e-mail address. It's infuriating. What's most infuriating is that Instagram 'customer service' is useless. I don't know if my e-mail account was used by a hacker, or what. I don't understand.

thats just strange. are you trying to use the same email address as facebook is using ?

this is why if i could log in remotely i might see something that you dont think to look for.

but again the easiest thing might be to just use a totally new email address.

it's the same address. How does the remote access work?

Accept the offer and i will get you my phone number and a link to software that will let me log into your computer and we can both look at it and work on it together.

Robert M., Consultant