On google photos, the photos are grouped by faces. My top…

Customer Question
On google photos, the photos...
On google photos, the photos are grouped by faces. My top faces were the 6 members of my family. All of the sudden, one of the faces is gone. How can I fix that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/17/2016
Tech Support Specialist: ComputerChic, Consultant replied 2 years ago
ComputerChic
ComputerChic, Consultant

Hi there, I'm Amy and I'm going to suggest a couple things in hope that it wil work.

I only use Google photos a little bit. Does your photo show up in shared albums or the collections tab?

Also check Picasa web albums for your photo, just in case. If you used an app to upload your photo check

1. In the Google Photos app, tap Menu > Device folders.
  2. Next to the folder you want to back up, tap the Cloud .

After the items in that folder back up, you'll see them in the Photos section of the app.

I would create a ticket for this problem on Google here:

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156065?hl=en&ref_topic=6156079

I hope this has been helpful, thank you for choosing Just Answer.

This was not helpful. It doesn't seem like you understand my issue. This is not about a photo. This issue is about the way google photos groups faces and allows you to look at all the photos where a given face appears. One of my grouped faces has disappeared, my daughter. I need this grouping to return.

Yes, however Google is finicky. You have already tried turning the grouping on and then off and it didn't work. That's why I suggest creating a ticket or chatting with a Google rep to fix it. Sometimes they have to fix the problem from within. Thank you for getting back with me.

Yes, however Google is finicky. You can try right clicking on the face you want re-grouped and choose reset faces. You have already tried turning the grouping on and then off and it didn't work. That's why I suggest creating a ticket or chatting with a Google rep to fix it. Sometimes they have to fix the problem from within. Thank you for getting back with me.

But there isn't a way to submit a ticket, there is only a forum. This is why I gave Just Answer a try. I don't want to pay for this.

I understand and I feel you. Maybe someone else will know how to fix this but those two suggestions of resetting are tried and they didn't work. In the meantime, I'm going to send a ticket to google forum and see if I can get them to work this out so that they are aware of the problem. I just don't see a work around, you can also try to clean your history and browser, sometimes Chrome gets gummed up. Another professional might know how to fix this so keep your question up here.

Thanks.

Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Joanne, my name is***** have a suggestion. Have you tried clearing the cache in Google Chrome? Your browser will often save copies of web pages so they will load faster the next time that you visit the page. You may be loading a saved view of the photo page and not seeing the changes that should have occurred after you un-grouped and re-grouped the photos. If you haven't already tried cearing your cache, please do so by taking these steps:

1. In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu .
  2. Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
  3. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
  4. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
  5. Click Clear browsing data.

I assume that you are using Google Chrome to view your photos. If I am wrong, please let me know and I will provide instructions for clearing the cache specific to that browser.

I have done that multiple times. :-(

I'm sorry. Perhaps someone else will have an idea. Have a good evening!

Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you want to change the user ID and password ***** your Windows account, or is it for something else?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Something else. Do you have access to my initial question and follow up comments?

Sorry, please disregard the above reply - it was for another question, and got inadvertently posted here. I'll open up your question to our own experts now; thank you.