Computer Pavilion Slimline s5-1021p PC with Windows 10

Customer Question
upgrade and OfficeJet 6500A Plus...
Computer Pavilion Slimline s5-1021p PC with Windows 10 upgrade and OfficeJet 6500A Plus. Microsoft updated Windows 1/16/16. Since update can not print. Printer sounds like it is printing but paper comes out blank. Computer doctor did not help. Do not think the printer is the problem but rather the compatibility of the software and the operating system. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/17/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

You will need to do a clean uninstall/reinstall of the printer driver in order to resolve this issue.

First off, please RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left, and then select "Control Panel".

In the Control Panel, go further into Programs > Uninstall a Program, and then uninstall your HP printer listed.

Done that, open up the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-6500A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---E7/4083974/model/4083870

Scroll down and click on the orange "Download" button, and then download and RUN the file - follow the on-screen directions to install the printer, and you should be good to go.

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.