Have a new lap top. While setting up..accidently entered a…

Customer Question
Have a new lap top...
Have a new lap top. While setting up..accidently entered a password. Cannot remember password ***** cannot find reset disk. Help. It's useless now
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/16/2016
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. Is your laptop running Windows 10 or is it running another version of Windows?

10

Thank you. Windows 10 uses the same password ***** you Microsoft account, I can provide detailed instructions for resetting your Microsoft password ***** regaining access to your Microsoft account and your laptop. Do you have another laptop or tablet that you can use to follow the instructions? If not I can offer a phone call and you can provide the necessary information as I go through the process. Please see instructions below.

Regain access to Microsoft account, Xbox Live Account, or Outlook.com account.

Please go this website: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.

On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.

This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Hopefully this will help you to regain access to your account. If you are satisfied with my answers, please provide a good rating. If you are not satisfied, please do not rate me yet. Please give me the opportunity to clarify any instructions that may have been unclear and to provide any additional assistance that may be needed. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!

waiting...windows 10
Not going to call

That's fine. Do you see the instructions that I sent? Do you have access to another computer, tablet or other device to reset your password?I hope so. I won't be able to do it for you with out some personal information and we can't exchange personal information like email addresses and phone numbers here as it would be visible to others and therefore not safe.

used desk top to reset password. then tried new password ***** new laptop. Got message password ***** incorrect.
Just got a notice from credit card that you charged $31.00 rather than the $5.00 deposit as site said

Please look on the laptop at the email address that appears above the box where you enter the password. Make sure that email is th eone that you are resetting the password ***** Also, make sure that the laptop is connected to the internet. That should get you into the laptop unless you have somehow setup a local account with password *****

I'm sorry but I do not have access to billing information. Please direct all billing questions to***@******.***.

Followed all your directions. Problem not solved...

I am sorry to hear that. I will "opt-out" and open your question to other experts who may be able to help. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 2 years ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
do you have access to a blank cd and working pc?