Can't turn windows update on. Haven't gotten updates a year.

Customer Question
can't turn windows update on...
can't turn windows update on. Haven't gotten updates for over a year.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
1/16/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you get any error code/message when trying to turn on Windows Update now?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session (for a minimal fee) to check the issue now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Please open up the following link now:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=231149

A "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic" file should be downloaded at the very bottom of your Chrome window. Open up that file, and follow the on-screen prompts to allow it to automatically detect and resolve any issue with Windows Update.

Done that, check if this resolves your issue all right. If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.