Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I have a asus 2014 note book #E40BC234724161.when moving to

Customer Question

I have a asus 2014 note book #E40BC234724161.when moving to Florida, I forgot pass word and caused the comp. to shut down,locked.Now I can't open comp.What is the remedy to open the comp?
Mackk...
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, it is windows 8 password *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok last question, do you have any important data on your computer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing that I can't replace.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok good, restart your computer, and click the Power icon on the bottom-right of screen, you will see options of “Sleep, Shutdown and restart”. Now Press & hold [shift] key on keyboard and select [restart] on screen at the same time

Your computer will restart and lead you to the advanced options automatically, please select [Troubleshoot] from the menu. Select [Reset your PC] from the menu. .Initialization will delete all personal documents and apps, and reset everything to default. Once you confirmed it’s a necessary action, press [Next] to continue the process.

elect [Fully clean the drive]from the menu then click [Reset]

If you need any further help let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't work,screen does not come on.it needs a pass word to do that.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please try the same instructions again, if he problem persists try the following solution :

Go to the following website : http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ scroll down and download the file name Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip (Make sure you unzip this file) Now burn this file into a blank CD or DVD, you can use imgburn software to burn the file : www.imgburn.com after you burn the file, insert the Disk then follow the step by step instruction in this tutorial video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYv1H6-E98

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screen does not come on
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Did you unzip the file and burn it to DVD ? What is happening when you attempt to boot with the DVD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note book does not take disc,it takes a usb drive.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Do you have an external DVD reader? if not please watch this video to run Hiren's Boot CD from USB flash drive :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnRjxHKN6p4

let me know if you need any further help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If you still need help please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert) rather than giving me a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.

Thank you