Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Quad-core

Customer Question

I have a Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel i7 (Yosemite OS). It was scaled back from Mavericks since Yosemite is not photoshop friendly.Skype is no longer working correctly. I have to go into the Library and then delete the Caches file (The Skype Folders) and restart the computer to get it to launch. If I click on the icon to launch it without deleting cache, it only makes the launch noise but there is no skype window to use. I've deleted skype and reinstalled new version and that didn't work. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try the following steps to see if they will solve the issue. First go to your applications folder and trash the skype app.

Then, go into your user library / preferences folder and locate the com.skype.plist file and trash it

Then, also delete the caches folder / file..

Now, before we reinstall skype, lets run this repair next

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete. restart your mac.

Then try to install skype and test.. Still having the issue?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.