GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I keep getting amessage my outlook is out of date but when

Customer Question

I keep getting amessage my outlook is out of date but when isign in it will not take what i think is my password ***** sign in just does nothing so iam at lost to make any corrections
please help
dale
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. What is the outlook address in question? I will try to reset it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that. Let me see what I can do.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Please go this website: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.

On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.

This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I would be happy to do it for you but I am logged into Outllok as myself and the computer thinks that I am trying to reset my pwn password ***** I follow these instructions.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If you are not comfortable following these instructions or if you would just prefer that I perform theses steps for you, I can offer you remote access so I can do it on your computer while you watch.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If you're reasonably comfortable with a computer you should be able to successfully reset it by following the instructions provided. I will upload them for you as a pdf file so you can save them for future use.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If you are not able to reset your account with the first set of instructions there is another method you can try.

Microsoft Account Access Form

https://account.live.com/acsr?mkt=en-US&mn

Use this if you don’t know any of the answers to any of the security questions and don’t have access to a recovery email or cell phone associated with the account.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully this will help you to regain access to your account .If you are satisfied with my answers, please provide a good rating. If you are not satisfied, please do not rate me yet. Please give me the opportunity to clarify any instructions that may have been unclear and to provide any additional assistance that may be needed. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

t